This e-learning course discusses managing non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (nmCRPC) and the implications of new imaging modalities. The course considers the application of conventional imaging vs. new imaging modalities and the potential impact of next-generation imaging on treatment options.
Two alternative approaches are presented:
- Delay time to systemic therapy
- Use systemic medications sooner
This e-learning course and associated podcasts review the topic of radiopharmaceuticals and their use in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. International experts in the field of GU Oncology and Nuclear Medicine provide an overview of radiopharmaceuticals used in prostate cancer.
The discussion covers:
- their mechanism of action
- data from key registration trials
- real-world evidence
- treatment sequencing considerations
- general radiation safety
- a review of ongoing trials looking at these drugs in combination with other prostate cancer treatments
This e-learning comprises information from two podcast episodes:
- Episode 1 focuses primarily on radium-223
- Episode 2 focuses on theranostics with PSMA-targeted radiopharmaceuticals
This course, comprising of episodes 1 and 2, has been accredited by EACCME® for 1 ECMEC® (as detailed within the Introduction and Objectives below)
The SHARE Communication Framework Supporting Physicians In Shared Decision-Making With Patients Treated For Metastatic Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer (mCRPC)
This e-learning demonstrates what you need to explain to your patients requiring treatment of Metastatic Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer (mCRPC) and how to confidently communicate these messages for an optimal physician-patient interaction.